Zen Master Dae Kwan
- Guiding Teacher of:
- Inka Date: 1995
- Transmission Date: April, 2001
- Current Residence: Hong Kong
- Profession: Nun
Bio: Zen Master Dae Kwan, a Zen nun, was born in Hong Kong. She was previously called Hyang Um Sunim, and her Pali name is Suddhamma. In the 1970s she studied sutras for three years at the Kwok Kwong Buddhist College. In 1981, she ordained at Ajahn Chaa's International Forest Monastery in Thailand, and she practiced in Chiangmai for ten years including two years of intensive solo retreat in Tu Boo Cave. In 1995, she received inka from Zen Master Seung Sahn. In April 2001 she received tranmission at Mu Sang Sah in Korea. She is now the abbot and guiding teacher of Su Bong Zen Monastery in Hong Kong. She has translated the following books into Chinese: "Dropping Ashes on Buddha," "Only Don't Know," and "The Whole World is a Single Flower"
Posts by Zen Master Dae Kwan:
- Right Mindfulness
- Transmission Dharma Talk
- Transmission Dharma Combat
- After the Body, Where Will It Go?
- Pure Land
- Encounters with Zen Master Su Bong
- That’s Not a Bad Business Deal, Yah?
- Under the Sky There is World Peace
- Go Drink Tea
- Dharma Talk with Barbara Pardo at Providence Winter Kyol Che
- Dharma Talk with Jamie Caster at Providence Zen Center
- Providence Zen Center, KUSZ Dharma Teacher Retreat
- Our School’s Teaching: How It Helps Hong Kong
- Inka Speech